Quick Chinese Fried Rice


chinese fried rice recipe

It’s a real quick chinese recipe that you can whip up in 15-20 minutes. Chinese fried rice recipe is a very popular chinese recipe, and I guess that everyone has his own recipe for it. But, this recipe is seriously my favorite these days. I don’t even need to wait for meat (if you are using chicken or any other meat) to defrost or anything. I am not using any “meat” as such in this recipe, I am just using some bacon. Genius, right? Although I am sure many other people use it for their fried rice too.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
chinese fried rice

Sometimes after work, I am so tired that I don’t even feel like cooking but at the same time, I don’t want to eat outside. If you are like me, then this chinese fried rice recipe is perfect for you. To be truthful, I did not make up this recipe. I remember when I was still a kid, my brother would make this for our lunch and I liked it so much. Now that I am thinking of it, he used to cut these bacon square pieces so evenly. I wish I was like him! I just cut them up into almost-square pieces. Ha!
Well, I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. I have another Chinese fried rice, so don’t forget to check it out too!

Chinese fried rice recipe is a popular chinese recipe. You can even use left-over rice to make this.
Ingredients
  • 3 cups of left-over rice
  • 4 bacon slices, cut in small squares
  • 1 carrot,, grated
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp cornstarch, mixed in some water
  • 1 tsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
  • 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
  • pepper to taste
  • chopped green scallions
Instructions

Beat the eggs with the cornstarch "water" and oyster sauce. Heat oil in pan and add the eggs. When it starts to solidify, start scrambling the eggs. Remove and keep aside.
In the same pan, add little oil if needed. Fry the bacon pieces and add the grated carrot. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the left over rice and break any rice lumps by using your spatula back (as if you are trying to flatten it). Mix.
Add the scrambled eggs and mix. Add the light/dark soy sauce, fish sauce (optional) and mix to evenly spread the color and sauces. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the pepper and mix. Add chopped green scallion, mix and done! Serve!

Printfriendly